What has the School Board Done to Stop the Next Neyers?

Dash

I just read this sexual assault article. The lack of accountability and action is extremely concerning. Has the school board enacted any meaningful policy to prevent this from happening again? Moreover, have they even made any statements in regards to this situation.

Based on recent policy it seems more like the board just doubled down, making more people afraid to report lest they seem “un-equatable”. The board needs to be replaced!

https://tahomaparents.org/news/bmiyd55fr7qtohl56epixf356uqrtl

It appears to me as a lot of concerns have been brushed off because Neyers is a gay. Were they afraid of potential complains about offending someone from "minority" group?

15 hours ago, Nathalie said:

It appears to me as a lot of concerns have been brushed off because Neyers is a gay. Were they afraid of potential complains about offending someone from "minority" group?

This is my personal theory based on the evidence presented and something many of us have been warning about with the aggressive DEI push in the TSD. The community is picking Mr. Schuster to be the “fall guy” unfortunately. In reality though, the policies and environment being pushed from the top are creating a situation where enforcement of inappropriate action being conducted by someone of a protected classes is difficult.

Picking a fall guy won’t make this go away. We need top down change or else the next person will be afraid to step in before it’s too late as well.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you for asking. This person is not currently employed in Tahoma SD.

I fear more retaliation if I say too much. Its not Libel if its the truth, but I'm currently being stalked for "blowing the whistle" on this person. 

I don't know if its legally  allowed to show a screenshot of a king county sherrif arrest report for attempted homicide by strangulation,  of a child, and CPS record of his physical,  sexual abuse, and the order and stipulation to never work with children or vulnerable adults again. He is now working at a preschool with direct access to kids. He lives in MV. He can not volunteer in Tahoma, but I heard that he planned to recently. This person has been hidden in plain sight around several schools as a parent since 2005.

Mr. Schuster was my son's 5th grade teacher. He told his teacher when an adult hurt him and showed the bruises. Schuster swept it under the rug. Every year, my son said Bryan made him feel uncomfortable and didn't want to work with him in class.  Admin made me feel afraid for my job, and silenced me.  Bryan Neyers and my son were in the same classes, and graduated in 2015. My son told me about things Bryan Neyers did as a student and told his teachers, but nobody took my son seriously.  

When Bryan Neyers was arrested in 2020, it brought back memories of teachers ignoring us when we spoke up about Bryan as a classmate, and about other critical issues of grooming and child abuse. 

Bryan Neyers' patters of sexual behavior and advances on his friends and classmates at Tahoma High School were obviously innappropriate.  The school failed to act back then, and look what it led to. 

Tahoma school district failed to protect the K-12 classmates of Bryan Neyers, too.

You can tell that someone is a little "off" odd, and possibly a dangerous person by their nuances, energy, the way they look at you and talk. These are things that are too hard for kids to understand and explain. Teachers can be trained to identify this pattern of behavior in addition to grooming. We knew something wasn't right about that guy, Neyers. That's enough to keep him under close watch, and take his classmates concerns seriously. My 1st grade son was sexually molested on the school bus by a boy who stuck his hands down my son's pants and grabbed his privates. Nobody at LWES responded appropriately. The administration, the dean, and teachers all conveyed the same gaslighting mentality: "Oh, boys will be boys!"

Freedom of Speech really isn't Free when someone threatens to harm the adults and children who speak up.  There are no words to describe how it feels to be silenced and threatened for showing credible evidence, and trying so hard to build up the courage to talk about it. I gave my evidence to the reporter who wrote the in-depth report on Tahoma SD"s failure to protect students from Bryan Neyers. 

MOM, thank you for doing what you can.

I am shocked that the "object #1" is free and working with kids. Is it lawful to allow sexual offenders to work with kids in the state of Washington?

• Like 1

Hello Nathalie, 

No, Sexual offenders cannot legally work with children (birth to age 18) or vulnerable adults in Washington. The thing is that there are sexual predators like Bryan Neyers who were given unsupervised access to children for a very long time before getting caught. That's why the Tahoma SD is under fire for ignoring, minimizing and silencing staff who spoke up with concerns. TSD swept this under the carpet for 5 years. 

On 8/17/2023 at 12:08 AM, Nathalie said:

I wonder if Neyers falsely claimed to be gay as a distraction while he planned on raping boys.