Is there anybody concerned about senate bill 5462?

Jeff

Senate bill 5462, which was just signed into law a couple days ago by all democrat members of the house, senate, and the governor,... passed a bill requiring all schools within Washington state to  update curriculum to include LGBTQ histories and perspectives under this new law. This is basically the same thing that California did about 6 months ago and ended up in parent protests. This sounds like a back-door attempt to indoctrinate our children, once again. Just like the old adage of the frog in the pot of water. If you put a frog into a pot of hot water, it'll feel the heat and immediately jump out. But... if you put the frog into a pot of cold water and slowly turn the heat up, it wont notice the change until it's cooked.

• Like 2
  • Barf 1
  • Angry 2

Hi Jeff, 

Yes a lot of parents are really concerned about this. I actually just came to post about it, but you beat me to it. Tahoma Parents is discussing our plan to monitor Tahoma's implementation of this, and provide resources to help parents opt their children out. This is sexual indoctrination of children plain and simple and it is a gross overreach by the state to mandate something like this. We are trying to find out if there is any plan for a referendum attempt as well.

• Like 4

Jeff, thank you.

I haven't heard of that bill yet, but it looks like a lot of what's surrounding us today was done utilizing that "frog in the pot" idea and it worked well...

Justin,

How are you going to inform parents on resources, possible involvement etc.? via emails?

• Like 1

Thank you Jeff for the information.  Everything California does the snake in the grass follows!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I am definitely concerned about the implementation of this new law. I have started compiling homeschooling information (co-ops, curriculum info, etc.) that we will work on getting out in an article in the near future.

• Like 2