MVMS this morning: A students had a BB gun on the school bus

MOM

Does anyone have more information about this? There is always more to the story than Bill wants us to know.

Hello MVMS families,

This morning, multiple students reported that another student showed them a BB gun on a school bus. We immediately investigated and found that the student did bring a plastic non-lethal BB gun to school. We cannot share discipline information but can say that we follow protocols in cases like this to ensure the safety of our school.

We are very proud of the students who saw something and said something. This is an example of Arms Locked/Hearts Full being carried out at MVMS. They did everything right and set a great example of supporting school safety. We were able to confiscate the BB gun and take action prior to the start of school.

If your student is aware of this incident and has any concerns, please know that our doors are open to speak with them, and our school counselors are prepared to support them.

In partnership,

Bill Weis, Principal

Maple View Middle School

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the information.

It's kind of crazy to think about how we went from my by dad's generation bringing their rifle to school for gun club with no school shootings ever, to a BB gun causing panic. Makes you wonder what happened to us as a society... 

• Like 4

I got that email as well. I don't have any more information but will ask my 7th grader if he knows anything. 

• Like 1

Beth, they were sane and more responsible people back then, in your dad's generation. Now it's a different story.

• Like 1

Apparently all the kids weren't notified because my son (7th grader at MVMS) had no idea this incident happened.