April 2024 Levy Results

Zach Z

First drop today. Much larger turn out this time. Levy is likely passed. It's great news that the great Tahoma programs will be funded, but also a bit bittersweet as the district knows they can just ask for more when in a self-inflicted bind, instead of properly managing their funds.

image.png.4e7c517ae488defe029f3c6dfa521a3e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just thinking about it... In case it passes (highly likely) NOTHING will change. I don't believe district will be respecting parent's concerns and requests for transparency. Most importantly, vast majority of people will just shrug it off and won't even bother about financial mysteries at TSD. I'd like to be wrong.

• Like 3

A couple of interesting points.

• Neighboring Kent and Enumclaw both rejected their levies. I wonder what the difference in thought was considering the TSD faces similar issues?
  • Voter turnout for this special election shattered the 2023 General, and they aren't even done counting. 2023's election was more much more significant as well. This showcases the power of the district when they actually put effort into an election and simply don't assume victory like they did in February. 

Side Note: The community actually saw a slight decline in registered voters between 2023 and 2024

image.thumb.png.2895bc0c5ef65774681bdf153204dd5f.png

image.png